Freedom Is an Inner Decision - The Quiet Promise to Myself

Today I woke up with a quiet thought that had been slipping away from me for a long time. For years, I believed that being free simply meant changing something on the outside. I imagined it as an open road, an empty calendar, a suitcase packed and ready to go, or that one breakup after which you can finally exhale. I thought that if I had a little more money so I wouldn’t have to worry, if I worked a job with no bosses standing over me, or if simply no one held me accountable for anything, I would suddenly feel ready to breathe deeply and say to myself: 'There, I am finally free.' Of course, external circumstances matter. You cannot talk about inner peace to someone struggling to pay rent, or to someone living in fear and under control. We shouldn't romanticize hardship or oppression. But there is another kind of freedom - a quieter one - that remains locked, even when all the doors on the outside are wide open. I only realized this after moving through several different pl...

Loneliness

 Loneliness can be a difficult and painful experience, but there are several ways to address it and find connection and comfort.

✅ Connecting with nature: Spending time in nature can help reduce feelings of loneliness and stress, and increase feelings of calm and wellbeing. Activities such as hiking, gardening, or simply taking a walk in a park can help you connect with the natural world and feel more grounded.

✅ Planting: Gardening or planting can be a great way to connect with nature and feel a sense of purpose. Caring for plants can also bring a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction, and the act of nurturing can be a source of comfort.

✅ Cat adoption: Adopting a cat can be a great way to combat loneliness. Caring for a pet can provide a sense of purpose and fulfillment, and the companionship of a pet can help reduce feelings of isolation. Research has also shown that pets can have a positive impact on mental health, including reducing anxiety and depression.

It's important to remember that while these activities can help, they are not a cure for loneliness. Loneliness is a complex issue that can have many causes, and it's important to address it in a comprehensive way. Consider seeking support from friends, family, or a mental health professional if needed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Болестта като пътепоказател на душата

July Blossoms - Discover the Newest Books on Flower Essences and Homeopathy on Amazon

България след ЕС - Визия за самостоятелно бъдеще

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *