Freedom Is an Inner Decision - The Quiet Promise to Myself

Today I woke up with a quiet thought that had been slipping away from me for a long time. For years, I believed that being free simply meant changing something on the outside. I imagined it as an open road, an empty calendar, a suitcase packed and ready to go, or that one breakup after which you can finally exhale. I thought that if I had a little more money so I wouldn’t have to worry, if I worked a job with no bosses standing over me, or if simply no one held me accountable for anything, I would suddenly feel ready to breathe deeply and say to myself: 'There, I am finally free.' Of course, external circumstances matter. You cannot talk about inner peace to someone struggling to pay rent, or to someone living in fear and under control. We shouldn't romanticize hardship or oppression. But there is another kind of freedom - a quieter one - that remains locked, even when all the doors on the outside are wide open. I only realized this after moving through several different pl...

Obsession and fallinginlove can be seen as types of addiction

 #Obsession and #fallinginlove can be seen as types of #addiction, with similar patterns of behavior and neurochemical responses as those seen in substance addiction. Like substance addiction, obsession and falling in love can be difficult to overcome without effective treatment and support.

From a #spiritual perspective, addiction is often seen as a manifestation of a deeper spiritual malady or disconnect from a higher power. In this view, addiction is not only a physical or psychological problem but also a spiritual one that requires a #holistic approach to treatment.

The #psychoanalytic perspective also emphasizes the role of underlying psychological issues in the development of addiction. For example, addiction may arise as a way to cope with unresolved trauma or emotional pain. Psychoanalytic therapy can help individuals explore and resolve these underlying issues, which can be critical in achieving long-term recovery.

Cascade replacing one addiction with a new one is a common phenomenon observed in addiction recovery. This occurs when individuals replace one addictive behavior with another, such as quitting alcohol and replacing it with compulsive exercise. While this can be a step in the right direction, it is important to address the root causes of addiction rather than simply shifting from one addiction to another.

A more effective solution to addiction involves gathering all fixed ideas with a focus on the "Love of God." This approach recognizes that addiction is a manifestation of a deeper spiritual emptiness or disconnect and that #truehealing requires a reconnection with a higher power.

The Love of God refers to a deep #spiritualconnection and sense of purpose that can be cultivated through #prayer, #meditation, and other #spiritualpractices. By focusing on this higher power and cultivating a sense of #love and #connection with something greater than themselves, individuals can find the strength and support needed to overcome addiction and achieve lasting recovery.

Overall, addiction can be a complex and challenging issue to overcome. However, by addressing the underlying psychological and spiritual issues that contribute to addiction, individuals can find the support and resources needed to achieve long-term recovery and live a #fulfilling, addiction-free life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Болестта като пътепоказател на душата

July Blossoms - Discover the Newest Books on Flower Essences and Homeopathy on Amazon

България след ЕС - Визия за самостоятелно бъдеще

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *