Freedom Is an Inner Decision - The Quiet Promise to Myself

Today I woke up with a quiet thought that had been slipping away from me for a long time. For years, I believed that being free simply meant changing something on the outside. I imagined it as an open road, an empty calendar, a suitcase packed and ready to go, or that one breakup after which you can finally exhale. I thought that if I had a little more money so I wouldn’t have to worry, if I worked a job with no bosses standing over me, or if simply no one held me accountable for anything, I would suddenly feel ready to breathe deeply and say to myself: 'There, I am finally free.' Of course, external circumstances matter. You cannot talk about inner peace to someone struggling to pay rent, or to someone living in fear and under control. We shouldn't romanticize hardship or oppression. But there is another kind of freedom - a quieter one - that remains locked, even when all the doors on the outside are wide open. I only realized this after moving through several different pl...

𝑻𝒓𝒖𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇-𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒄𝒕

 𝑻𝒓𝒖𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇-𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒄𝒕 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒐𝒅𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒆𝒔 𝒘𝒉𝒐𝒔𝒆 𝒗𝒂𝒍𝒖𝒆 𝒘𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒏𝒆𝒈𝒐𝒕𝒊𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒍𝒅. 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒕𝒉 𝒐𝒇 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒘𝒆 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒊𝒏𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕. 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑪𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒐 𝑪𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒂𝒈𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒓𝒚𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒄𝒕 𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒅 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒆𝒗𝒂𝒍𝒖𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔, 𝒆𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒄𝒊𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇-𝒊𝒎𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝒐𝒏𝒆𝒔.

This quote, spoken by Brené Brown, highlights the importance of valuing and protecting our true sense of belonging and self-respect. Rather than viewing these as commodities that we must negotiate with the world, Brown argues that they are fundamental aspects of our identity that exist within our own hearts.

According to Brown, the call to courage involves protecting our "wild heart" from constant evaluations, particularly those that we impose on ourselves. In other words, it is about embracing our authentic selves and resisting the pressure to conform to external standards or expectations. This requires vulnerability, self-acceptance, and a willingness to take risks and stand up for our true values and beliefs.

In a world that often places a premium on external validation and conformity, the call to courage can be a difficult one to answer. However, by embracing our inner truths and recognizing the inherent value of our own sense of belonging and self-respect, we can find the courage to live authentically and create meaningful connections with others who share our values and passions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Болестта като пътепоказател на душата

July Blossoms - Discover the Newest Books on Flower Essences and Homeopathy on Amazon

България след ЕС - Визия за самостоятелно бъдеще

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *