Freedom Is an Inner Decision - The Quiet Promise to Myself

Today I woke up with a quiet thought that had been slipping away from me for a long time. For years, I believed that being free simply meant changing something on the outside. I imagined it as an open road, an empty calendar, a suitcase packed and ready to go, or that one breakup after which you can finally exhale. I thought that if I had a little more money so I wouldn’t have to worry, if I worked a job with no bosses standing over me, or if simply no one held me accountable for anything, I would suddenly feel ready to breathe deeply and say to myself: 'There, I am finally free.' Of course, external circumstances matter. You cannot talk about inner peace to someone struggling to pay rent, or to someone living in fear and under control. We shouldn't romanticize hardship or oppression. But there is another kind of freedom - a quieter one - that remains locked, even when all the doors on the outside are wide open. I only realized this after moving through several different pl...

Being highly sensitive

 Being highly sensitive can make life difficult, but it can also be a source of strength and creativity. It can also lead to feelings of loneliness, especially if one feels that they don't fit in with others or struggle to connect with others who don't understand their sensitivity. However, there are ways to cope with and survive these challenges:

✅ Embrace your sensitivity: Recognize and accept that being highly sensitive is a part of who you are and that there is nothing wrong with it. Embracing your sensitivity can help you build self-confidence and self-esteem.

✅ Connect with others who understand: Seek out people who are also highly sensitive or who have a similar outlook on life. This can help you build a supportive network and reduce feelings of loneliness.

✅ Practice self-care: Make time for activities that help you recharge, such as meditation, exercise, or spending time in nature.

✅ Set boundaries: Learn to say "no" to situations or people that drain you and make time for activities that bring you joy and peace.

✅ Seek professional help: If your sensitivity is causing you significant distress, consider seeking help from a therapist or counselor. They can provide support and guidance to help you manage your emotions and navigate life's challenges.

Remember, you are not alone and there is nothing wrong with being highly sensitive. With the right support and tools, you can lead a fulfilling and meaningful life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Болестта като пътепоказател на душата

July Blossoms - Discover the Newest Books on Flower Essences and Homeopathy on Amazon

България след ЕС - Визия за самостоятелно бъдеще

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *