Between the Billboard of Karma and the Millennial Threshold of Memory

The morning on Simeonovsko Shose always carries a distinct sense of betweenness - between the city asleep beneath the foothills of Vitosha and the vain rhythm of the day, which has not yet fully stirred in its everyday anxiety. Today, however, this familiar landscape was pierced by an unexpected pillar of modern urban mythology - a billboard with an inscription about karma and a new era, standing there amidst the gray dust and the glare of morning cars like an alien hieroglyph in the field of daily routine. At first, this gesture of billboard prophecy seemed almost comic to me, simultaneously absurd and intrusive, a typical product of an age that tries to wrap eternal existential questions in bright pixels, marketing gloss, and hollow promises. But the longer my eyes lingered on those words, the faster the irony melted away, giving way to that quiet, unavoidable jolt that strikes us when the outside world suddenly reflects our deepest, hidden inner state. This accidental inscription be...

The Shape of What Was Never Said

 

There is a kind of love that never learns how to speak. It lingers between glances, in pauses too long to be casual, in words softened at the edge of courage. I have carried such love — quiet, unclaimed, yet vast enough to alter the gravity of my days. It was never a confession, only a constant presence, like a candle burning in a locked room, unseen but consuming itself all the same. Sometimes I wonder if silence is the purest form of devotion, or if it is merely fear dressed in tenderness.

Unspoken love has its own language. It lives in the small gestures we pretend not to notice — the way two people hesitate before parting, the way laughter hides a tremor, the way the heart leans forward though the body remains still. There were moments when I felt your nearness like breath against glass — so close that a single word might have shattered everything. I think that is what held me back: the knowledge that to speak would mean to lose the fragile perfection of what existed in the unsaid.

Now, when I look back, I realize that what we shared was not absence, but a kind of sacred waiting. Love, unspoken, becomes a mirror — showing us not what we had, but what we were capable of feeling. It teaches patience, humility, and the ache of restraint. It sharpens the senses to every nuance of being alive — the tremor of a voice, the flicker of light on skin, the heaviness of air before parting. It turns the ordinary into the almost holy.

There were nights when I tried to let you go in thought alone. But the mind is a poor substitute for the heart. Memory has its own will — it keeps what we never dared to live. Sometimes, in dreams, I find us again, not as lovers, but as echoes moving through the same room, unaware of each other’s sorrow, bound still by the tenderness we never named. I wake with that ache — gentle, familiar — and I know that some silences are eternal not because they were never broken, but because they were never meant to be.

Love that is never spoken does not fade; it transforms. It becomes the quiet understanding we bring to others, the compassion that softens our gaze, the patience we learn in loss. Perhaps every unspoken love continues somewhere — unfinished, but not undone. Perhaps it is gathered by the divine, like a sigh too fragile to become sound. I like to think that such love does not vanish; it becomes light, passing through us unseen, reminding us that even what was never shared can still be sacred.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Болестта като пътепоказател на душата

July Blossoms - Discover the Newest Books on Flower Essences and Homeopathy on Amazon

България след ЕС - Визия за самостоятелно бъдеще

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *